Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Jeffree Star's Velour Liquid Lipstick Review

When Jeffree Star released his first line of liquid lipsticks on Black Friday, I was more than excited. J Star is one of my main beauty idols! Unfortunately, I was unable to purchase any of the colors at the time of release, but my very lovely college roommate got it for me as a Christmas gift!


The packaging is gorgeous! I got the color "Redrum". In the tube it looks to be a more of an warm toned/orangey red rather than a cool toned red which looks best with my skin tone. After applying it and the product dried it was more of a cool toned red which would look great with all skin tones! The consistency is amazing. 


This picture was taken after I first applied the lipstick. It becomes matte but doesn't dry your lips whatsoever! I ate lunch with this lipstick and did not have to reapply. Some product came off on my glass, but again I didn't have to reapply. 



This picture was taken about 6 hours later after a nap! There was a little bit of bleeding around the edges, but lipstick isn't suppose to be worn to sleep!! I also did not use a lip liner before applying the product because I wanted to see the solo performance of the lipstick

Overall this product is amazing and top of the line. I love how involved Jeffree is with making his products and how he personally tries them out before production. I can't wait for the new nude colors to drop in the spring/summer and for Jeffree Star Cosmetics to expand. 

To purchase Redrum go here.

1 comment:

  1. This post seems really informative to me. I was thinking of doing beginners makeup lesson for you by Lina Cameron before starting my blog. She trains the best beginners makeup lesson in my town. I am really excited to do this course. My sister-in-law did her basic lesson from Lina too! She is doing very good nowadays! Lina helped her a lot to encourage and to improve her level. She is really glad to choose her.

    ReplyDelete