Sunday, November 10, 2013

Dollar Store 5 Minute Hair Removal Kit Review/Tutorial

I was doing some early Christmas shopping at my local Dollar Store this weekend and when going through the beauty aisle I found this Hair Removal Kit.


I have been interested in at home hair removal for a while (such as waxing or a cream like this one), but never really got around to buying a kit and actually trying it. For a dollar there wasn't much to loose! 

The directions say to try a test patch and leave it on for 24 hours, but I didn't do that because I am inpatient. It says to apply very thick like so: 


It says to leave it on for five minutes, then using the razorless plastic blade they give you to scrap off some of the cream to see if it is all dissolved. The first time I put it on I didn't have enough on, but then I applied more like in the picture above and waited another five minutes. All of the hair was gone! Even though I removed all of the cream with warm water and the razor it left my legs dry and  icky. So I jumped in the shower and it was better! No more dry or itchiness. 

Overall, I think this product is definitely worth more than a dollar and I will probably be repurchasing it. The only downside is the itchiness afterwards, but rinsing your legs off with warm water and some soap in the tub or shower gets rid of that.  

2 comments:

  1. Not totally interested in become a hairless woman, kidding. Sounds like a cheap and easy way to accomplish at home "waxing."

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really cool! This would be a perfect way for girls who are too young to shave to remove hair on their legs!

    ReplyDelete