Sunday, November 17, 2013

Word Camp Denver 2013 Review and Opinion

Today I went to a blogging conference with Ms. Sarah (her website: http://mooseandtater.com) and Roni (her blog: http://happyinaheadlock.blogspot.com/) and it was not what I expected. First off, when we registered online they have you choose your t-shirt size. Surprisingly they had men and woman's sizes. I really liked that because generally they give everyone male shirts. When we got their they only had XXL to M in men's. Also, they only had coffee and water, no snacks. We arrived at 8:30 and were there until about 5:30 with only lunch served. I have never been to some sort of conference or event that was similar that didn't have food! Secondly, with as many sponsor's as the event had you would think that there would be some sort of items given away. The only swag we received were bumper stickers, pens, and pins with the Word Press logo. It was quite disappointing. The first few speakers were a little hard to follow and didn't give us much information. After lunch, the speaker's were great! My personal favorite was Christian Toto (you can find his website here.)

Overall, the day was alright, but I don't think I'll be re attending.

No comments:

Post a Comment